Thursday 11 July 2013

Shoes

For anyone who doesn't know me that well, I have a serious shoe obsession, with well over 60 pairs now, so I figured I would give a little insight into my shoe shelf and talk about my favourite pairs.


Studded Slippers, Topshop (£25ish)

These are my go to shoes as they go with pretty much everything! I am very happy with how long they have lasted too as I brought them quite a while ago, and considered buying a second pair for when these wore out, but by the looks of things that wont be for a while yet. 


Doctor Marten's, Ebay (£50)

I love my DMs, and literally lived in them last winter, and while they are not practical right now they will get worn once the weather cools down again, as it inevitably will. I am also taking them to Beautiful Days with me as a substitute to Wellington boots as they are far too mainstream. I brought mine off of eaby, which is worth checking out before you commit to paying full price for them. I ended up paying half the price for a basically brand new pair of shoes and they were delivered the next day! Warning if you're breaking in a new pair of DMs they will destroy your feet, so buy plasters and power through as it will be worth it in the end!


Velvet and Leather Ankle Boots, Topshop (£40 Sale)

As someone who has tiny sized 3 and a half feet I usually have the pick of the best when the sales roll around, and these were no exception, I had my lecturer lusting over them for weeks, and I don't doubt she would have killed me for them if she could. They are attractive for ankle boots, and have an inch and a half block heel, and are packed full of details like the metal caps at the front and back, and the leather appliqué in a western style. The velvet is holding up well, and they have survived snow in Amsterdam and nights out in Plymouth, and only a little stitching has started to fray, which can be fixed with a couple of hand stitches.


Leather Laser Cut Heels, Topshop (£30 Sale)

I brought these especially for my private view of my final show at uni, and they are surprisingly easy and comfortable to walk in considering how high they are, which I think is down to the wedge like heel, and we all know it's just that little easier to walk in wedges. I love the laser cut detailing on these shoes, and how soft the leather is, the only downside to them is that I think they look odd when worn without tights as the high front shortens my legs considerably. 


Oriental Print Heels, River Island (£15 Sale) 

These shoes were an absolute steal and look so much more expensive than they actually are, which I think is down to their resemblance to Mui Mui's Spring/Summer 2010 collection. They are very unlike my usual purchases, as they are not black, but they look very classy and are very easy to wear for formal occasions. 


Amelie Studded Ankle Boot, Topshop (£80) 

I rarely buy things at full price, but I had to make an exception with these. I got them while still working at Topshop, and they became my work shoes as they were very versatile, and instantly smartened up my work attire! A couple of the studs have fallen off over time, but that is to be expected from footwear as it goes through so much more that clothing. I have now decided when more of the studs fall off I'm just going to paint the toes silver, so that they retain some details of interest. 


Patent Stilettos, Topshop Unique (£20 Sale)

These are yet another tiny feet having the best pick of the sale shoes buy, and the amount of money I saved made it impossible not to get them! Though they are very very high and the stiletto makes walking difficult, so they are currently being saved for a flatter city (Plymouth has a lot of hills). I love the iridescent colours of the patent, and how they change colour depending on the light which I think was my biggest draw to them, alongside how tall they make me!



My Five Year Old Child Shoes, My Grandma (Free) 

I was given these by my Grandma when she was clearing out her old clothes, and at the time I graciously took them, though didn't have the confidence to wear them until I got to PCA and I began caring less about people's opinions of my clothes. I adore the fact that they have maps on the soles which is a wonderful detail, and I keep meaning to take sole prints of them, but I really don't want to ruin the colour. They are very practical for everyday in the studio, and I even managed to wear them on a night out once so they have some versatility too. 


Black and White Vans (I paid around £35 for them, but they are now selling at £52 on their website!)

My battered vans are nearly two years old, and are looking very good for their age and still have plenty of wear in them. Though I was very shocked to see how expensive they have become since I brought my pair! So I think when these bite the dust I will end up buying a pair of Nike Janoski's as they are just as expensive and much more durable, due to the fact they are designed to be worn skating, and as I rarely skate I wont wear them out as quickly as others would. 



No comments:

Post a Comment