Thursday 20 June 2013

Bleu

The summer has definitely taken a turn for the worse, which is a shame after yesterday's sunshine, though the scorching temperatures did not make for pleasant cycling, and I am not sure I am designed to function in heat. So today I was glad not to be overheating, or crossing the street just to be in the shade and drinking a bottle of water every ten minutes.

Though while the sunshine was here yesterday I embraced it, wearing a tie-dye Topman tee I picked up for £7.50, tie-dye is not something I usually go for, however it was done in a subtle way with a washed out palette of blue, white and grey, so as not to be in your face and obnoxious. My second hand New Look shorts (FAR too short to be worn without tights) made an appearance as did my Nike trainers, though only as I had to cycle too and from work (I think I look like an idiot in them). Also as it was sunny I wore my vintage circle sunglasses.


Today I was working for Dorothy Perkins in Debenhams, which isn't my favourite shift, as there are more departments to remember and things are all in different places, so I have to ask questions every five minutes which consequently makes me look really bad at a job I am actually quite good at (well I'd hope so after working in retail for three years now). When I had my appraisal a few weeks ago my boss asked me to simplify my work attire and make it more appealing to our older target audience (Sadly I'm not a Topshop girl any more) So today I kept it simple with my royal blue collarless shirt (Dorothy Perkins, £32) and my staple black skinny jeans (Dorothy Perkins, £26) Which are cut very similarly to a Topshop Leigh, though out of a thicker denim, so they don't feel like they're going to wear out after three washes. Though to make the outfit more me, I added my brown leather Levi's belt, a gem of a hand-me-down, and velvet pumps (Topshop) which were quickly substituted for black converse when I consulted the weather. I added my grey crop sweater (Topshop) to keep warm (in June!? apparently so) and wore my blue and white Wrangler baseball jacked to keep the rain off.






-

No comments:

Post a Comment